12 November 2007

Yarn + cat = happy

The birthday yarn, in some of its glory, plus a little bit of The Small:

Yarn: Jamieson's 2 ply Spindrift.
Clockwise from top left: 562 Cyclamen (subbing for Ivy), 3 balls; 180 Mist (subbing for Sand), 3 balls; 1300 Aubretia (subbing for Yellow Ochre and Old Gold), 8 balls; 1290 Loganberry (subbing for Peacock), 3 balls; The Small a.k.a. Hobbes; 615 Hyacinth (subbing for Mooskit/White), 4 balls; 610 Purple (subbing for Mooskit), 4 balls; 596 Clover (subbing for Rosemary), 3 balls; and in the middle 598 Mulberry (subbing for Pine Forest), 4 balls.


Lots o' fun will be had with these balls, baby.


And I've finished the first Normal Histology. I'm not 100% pleased with it. There's some combination of purl fabric + tight socking tension + circular knitting + me (probably) that's made it ladder quite nastily in places. Places I'm not going to show you :)

For the second sock I'll be implementing a few tricks to minimise this, short of a) knitting it inside out (i.e. with the knit side facing me) - I know this would help but I don't know if I can deal with
working bobbles from the wrong side and b) knitting in on two circs - never change horses mid-stream and all that. If I make another pair I will definitely use two circs.

And now, a detail shot:

See my ducts? See my lobules? See the heel?

I'm about 85% happy with them, and will be using this instep/heel combo again.

Note: the ducts and lobules are NOT anatomically correct. I got a bit artsy with them.

1 comment:

yarnivorous said...

I like your lobules and would happily play with your balls though various of them look a little unhealthy in colour. Ahem! Lovely!